Children’s art education is not only to learn how to draw, but also to use this artistic method to develop intelligence, cultivate observation, imagination, creativity and aesthetic interest. Beyond that, art fosters children’s personality and ideological.
The New York Center for Arts Education also lists other benefits of exposing children to art:
- Your kid learns to think creatively, with an open mind
- Your kid learns to observe and describe, analyze and interpret
- Your kid learns to express feelings, with or without words.
- Your kid practices problem-solving skills, critical-thinking skills, dance, music, theater and art-making skills, language and vocabulary of the arts
- Your kid discovers that there is more than one right answer, multiple points of view
- School can be fun – playing can be learning
- Your kid learns to collaborate with other children and with adults
- Arts introduce children to cultures from around the world
- Your kid can blossom and excel in the arts. Even with physical, emotional or learning challenges, can experience success in the arts.
- Arts build confidence. Because there is not just one right way to make art, every child can feel pride in his or her original artistic creations.
- Arts build community. Schools with a variety of differences can celebrate the arts as one community.
Classes we offer:
|Media: color pen, crayon
Subject: point, line, surface, geometry, simple combination, the basic composition. Students will draw small animals and color.
Philosophy: to stimulate intelligence, inspire imagination, encourage children’s interest and inspire spirituality, to break the inherent mode of thinking, foster independence.
10 Sessions $220.
Media: fundamental colors, crayon, water, gouache, oil painting, fundamental black and white line drawing
Subject: the basic color theory, painting animals, characters, landscapes, still life, to carry out independent creation.
Philosophy: to cultivate children’s ability of concentration, confidence, patience, perseverance, love, caring. To enrich the observation, imagination, creativity, sensibility and expression.
10 sessions $300
Media: line drawing, hand-painted pop illustrations, water color, gouache, animation, paper craft.
Subject: basic techniques of coloring, brush strokes, more complex composition, sketch creation, exaggerated deformation of painting.
Philosophy: cultivate the habit of seeking out of box thinking, associative thinking, reverse thinking, innovative thinking, and critical reasoning.
10 sessions $300
Media: Sketches (figures, landscapes, still life, sketches), geometric sketches
Subject: The point of a pencil is both its beauty and curse. This class teachs inspiring range of ways to use pencil, inkto explore the world of sketching for beginners as you learn to accurately depict subject matter in dimensional space. Discover an array of texture-building ink techniques, and find out how to use this bold, impactful medium to express light and shadow.
10 sessions $320
|Advanced: Chinese Painting, Sketches, Combo
Chinese painting (landscape, flowers and birds, fruits and vegetables), senior gouache (figures, still life, painting)
Sketches (figures, landscapes, still life, sketches), geometric sketches, cartoon.
Subject: introduction of art history, the famous Chinese and Western artists and master paintings.
Philosophy: Cultivate aesthetic ability, unique creativity and comprehensive ability in all aspects. Understanding of Chinese and foreign art history, painter anecdotes. Learning experience life and aesthetic evaluation ability, cultivate innovative thinking.
|AP Studio Art Drawing Portfolio (Ages 10-16)|| Profile Creation
AP Studio Art Drawing Portfolio
1 on 1 profile assessment, working in small groups to prepare for the three portfolio exams — 2-D Design, 3-D Design, and Drawing. Portfolios allow flexibility of coursework while guiding students to produce college-level quality, artistic investigation, and breadth of work. Addresses issues such as line quality, light and shade, rendering of form, composition, surface manipulation, the illusion of depth, and mark-making. Portfolios are evaluated based on standardized scoring descriptors aligned with skills and understanding developed in college foundation courses.
|Ask us for more details|
|9:30-10:30||Introduction (Age 4-6)|
|10:30-11:30||Introduction (Age 4-6)|
Introduction (Age 4-6)
Fundamentals (Age 6-9)
|2:30-4:00||Intermediate: Watercolor (Age 7-10)|
|3:30-4:30||Introduction (Age 4-6)|
|5:00-6:00||Introduction (Age 4-6)|
About our teachers:
Art class policies:
- Cancellation: class can be cancelled 72 hours before starting with written notice to get full refund. After that, tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
- Maximum 2 make-up classes per session. 24 hour advance notice applies.
- Sibling discount: the discount is 10% off the second child’s tuition rate.
- Referral discount: if the referred student signed up, you get 1 class credit.
Location: 1260 S Abel St, Milpitas, CA 95035