There’s been a lot of buzz about kids learning to code lately. This year, almost 200 million students around the world were exposed to coding through the Hour of Code event. And over 90% of American parents want programming added to their child’s curriculum.¹
In today’s digital world, coding is a fundamental skill alongside math and reading, but too few kids have the opportunity to learn to program because it is rarely taught in school.
Tynker’s mission is to create a fun and engaging platform where children not only learn to program, but also have opportunities to be creative using code.
DTE is a licensed education center to offer Tynker classes.
|Scratch Coding Introduction
|Beginner. 5+. This class is designed for little developer with not prior experience. Only six weeks to get the child ready for the programming environment. 1 hour per session.|
|Computer Science Fundamental||
Beginner. 6+. This course is for students who can read and have no prior programming experience. In this course students will create programs to solve problems and develop interactive games or stories they can share. Recommended for grades 2-5. 20 weeks. 1 hour per week.
|Game Design 101
|Beginner. 7+. Beginners are introduced to basic programming as they create interactive stories, design animations, and make mini-games. 18 weeks, 1 hour per session.|
|Game Design 102
|Intermediate. 7+. Children who finish Game Design 101 will advance their game design skills. 2 hours per session.|
|Game Design 201||Beginner. 11+. Build a projectile-physics based game with explosions, an adventure game, and several mini-games. 2 hours per session.|
|Game Design 202||Intermediate. 11+. Build a top-down shooting game, a projectile physics game, and a 2-player aerial battle. 2 hours per session.|
|Python Introduction||Advanced. 11+. Learn Python and build your own games for web and mobile platforms.|
2017 Fall Schedule
|1:00-2:00||Scratch Introduction (Age 5-7)
Session A: 8/19 – 9/30
Session B: 10/14-11/18
6 classes. $150.
|1:00-3:00||Python 101 (Tynker based, Age 11+)
Session: 8/20 – 10/1. 6 classes. $320
Python 201A (Text based, Age 11+)
Session: 10/8 – 12/17. 10 classes $450
|2:00-3:00||Game Design 101 (Age 7-9)
16 classes. $450
|3:30-4:30||CS Fundamental Level 2 (Age 6-8)
15 classes. $375
|3:00-5:00||Game Design 102 (Age 9-11)
13 classes. $635
Session: 8/20 – 10/1. 6 classes. $320
Session: 10/8 – 12/17. 10 classes. $450
|4:30-6:00||CS Fundamental Level 1 (Age 4-6)
15 classes. $525
How your children learn:
Truong, instructor for “Scratch Coding Introduction” and “Game Design 101”. B.S. in Computer Science from UC Davis. Experienced tutor and dedicated instructor in computer science education to young learners.
Mrs. Tsai, instructor for “Game Design Studio 1”, “Animation Studio”, “Game Design 102”, Master in Computer Science. Extensive teaching experience of computer science subjects to elementary schools through colleges.
Coding class policies:
- Cancellation: class can be cancelled 72 hours before starting with written notice to get full refund. After that, tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
- No Make-up class for any reason. Our entire curriculum is available to student’s own account online. Students can finish class at home and bring any questions to next class.
- Hardware requirement: students are required to bring their own devices. This class requires following devices:
- A headset
- A laptop computer, Chromebook, or Netbook with Internet connection and a Chrome (29+), Firefox (30+), Safari (7+), or Internet Explorer (10+) browser. No downloads required. Courses and classroom management are not supported on tablets.
- Sibling discount: the discount is 10% off the second child’s tuition rate.
- Refer-a-friend discount: both parties get 10% off.
Location: 1260 S Abel St, Milpitas, CA 95035